STI TESTING & TREATMENT near Newberry, fl
Engage Equip Empower
Whether you think you have an STI and need treatment, are unsure if you are pregnant, are concerned about how to handle an unplanned pregnancy, or have questions about your options, we are here for you.
Call us at 352-367-2716 or make an appointment online.
- You can get an STI the first time you have vaginal, anal or oral sex.
- Some STIs can be treated with medication while other STIs cannot be cured.
- Many people infected with an STI do not know it.
- You can get an STI from someone who does not know he/she is infected.
- You cannot tell who has an STI by looking at them.
- Many STIs can be transmitted to a baby during pregnancy or birth.
According to the Mayo Clinic and other authoritative medical sources, STIs/STDs can have a range of signs and symptoms including no symptoms. That’s why they may go unnoticed until complications occur or a partner is diagnosed. Signs and symptoms that might indicate an STI include:
- Sores or warts in the genital area
- Itching and redness in the genital area
- Painful or frequent urination
- Discharge from the penis or vagina
- Unusual or odd-smelling vaginal discharge
- Pain during sex
- Sore, swollen lymph nodes, particularly in the groin but sometimes more widespread
- Blisters or sores in or around the mouth
- Lower abdominal pain
What Happens If I Leave An STI Untreated?
Untreated STIs can cause Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) in women, causing complications such as formation of scar tissue both outside/inside the fallopian tubes, ectopic pregnancy, infertility or long-term pelvic/abdominal pain. Chlamydia and gonorrhea can make it difficult – if not impossible — for a woman to become pregnant. Testing and early treatment is important for your sexual health.
How Could An STI Affect Me If I Am Pregnant?
No matter the options you are considering, having an STI can severely impact the health and wellness of both you and your pregnancy. If you are considering abortion, an STI can increase your chances of an infection following the procedure. If you choose to carry to term, an STI can seriously harm your pregnancy and cause complications during childbirth.
Ensure you are healthy before making a choice about your unexpected pregnancy.
Common Questions About STIs
There are medicines available to cure some STIs like chlamydia and gonorrhea. Other STIs like herpes can’t be cured, but you can take medication to help with the symptoms. Even partners you know well may not be aware of their sexual health. If diagnosed with an STI, do not engage in sexual activity as you risk transmitting the STI to your partner. Speak with your doctor to find a suitable treatment plan. You do not have to feel alone. Schedule an appointment to discuss your situation confidentially and free from judgement.
Anytime you have engaged in sexual activity there is a possibility you may have contracted an STI. Many STIs can be treated if they are diagnosed early. If you have been sexually active or suspect your partner(s) may have an STI, your first step is getting tested to be sure. We can help with that. Call or Text us.
Std Testing And Treatment: 32618, 32643, 32669
Newberry is a city located on the southwest side of Alachua County, Florida, United States. The University of Florida estimates the city’s population at 5,946 as of September 2016. Much of the city borders the neighboring Gilchrist County to the west.